Five years ago, you approved a five-year local option levy. Thank you!
Measure 20-278 proposes renewing a 5 year local option levy at a rate of $0.47 per $1,000 of assessed value to be used for District Operations. If the measure is renewed the District will be able to maintain it’s current staffing and operations capability crucial to the newly acquired ISO rating of 2/4/10W.
A yes vote would:
• Maintain 24/7 staffing at the Cottage Grove and Creswell fire stations.
• Keep 24/7 paramedic ambulance service.
• Prevent the loss of up to nine firefighter/paramedic positions.
• Keep home and business insurance costs down due to the current ISO protection ratings.
• Keep response times to your emergencies down.
• Enhance fire and EMS capabilities to keep you safe.
District staff respond to about 4,000 calls for help every year.
The District serves an area of about 132 square miles.
The District provides ambulance service to 800 square miles.
The District operates 4 fire stations; 2 are operated 24 hours a day.
The District has the second lowest permanent tax rate in Lane County for a Fire District.
The District employs a total staff of 25 full time employees and 20 reserve (volunteers) and resident personnel.
Q: Does South Lane County Fire & Rescue provide Fire and EMS (Ambulance Service)?
A:Yes, SLCFR is staffed with dual trained firefighter/paramedics. Both Cottage Grove and Creswell stations are staffed 24/7.
Q: Is this a new tax?
A: No, this is a renewal at .47 per $1,000 of your homes assessed value.
Q: What happens if the measure does not pass?
A: Without the funding SLCFR would be forced to cut up to nine (9) positions and eliminate ambulance service.
Q: What if I have questions?”
A: Feel free to attend a monthly fire district meeting, or contact our business office at 541-942-4493.