South Lane County Fire and Rescue Board of Directors will be holding a Bond Committee Meeting September 2nd at 7:00 pm at Station 2-1 located at 233 E. Harrison Ave Cottage Grove, OR 97424.
South Lane County Fire and Rescue News Blog
The Board of Directors of South Lane County Fire & Rescue have elected to place an Equipment Bond on the ballot for the 2015 November General Election. The proposed bond will generate an estimated 2.6 Million dollars. The plan is to purchase a much needed ladder truck and replace two aging fire engines and also purchase two water tenders. Replacing the current, aged out fleet provides safer, up to date apparatus with firefighting capabilities not currently available. These fleet upgrades will directly impact fire protection in the entire fire district.
FACTS: General Obligation Bond...
Effective at 1100 AM on August 18, 2015, and in conjunction an Oregon Department of Forestry issued closedown order, invoking Industrial Fire Precaution Order (IFPL) Level 4, in accordance with ORS 477.625, ORS 477.670, and OAR 629-043-0070. This order states that no activities are permitted at any time on all lands protected by the Western Lane and East Cascade Districts of ODF, and all forestland within one-eighth mile thereof.
Due to the current fire weather forecasts, and to bring the entire district into the same precaution level, as Fire Chief I am issuing the following emergency order:
Effective at 1100 AM on August 18, 2015, in accordance with ORS 478.960, I hereby order the following restrictions for all lands protected by South Lane County Fire and Rescue:
1. No open flames are allowed out of doors, including no campfires, warming fires, cooking fires, or ceremonial fires. Fires are prohibited at all campgrounds and other sites with developed fire pits. Gas powered barbeques are allowed, but are restricted to use on hard, non-flammable surfaces such as patios and driveways, or green irrigated lawns.
2. No power equipment such as mowers, chain saws, stump grinders, etc. may be operated on or near dry grass, brush, or trees at any time, EXCEPT that mowing of green, irrigated lawns is allowed.
3. No smoking outside of buildings or vehicles in any area with dry grass, brush, or trees.
4. No operation of welding or metal cutting equipment out of doors in any area with dry grass, brush, or trees.
5. All logging operations, including power saws, cable yarders, and tractor/skidder, feller-buncher, forwarder, or shovel logging operations are prohibited.
6. All construction operations involving dozers or graders are restricted to streets or roads, developed building sites, or other areas of non-flammable surfaces.
7. Any other spark-emitting operation not specifically mentioned is prohibited out of doors.
These restrictions will continue until such time as the current high temperatures and low humidity weather conditions permit the lifting of this emergency order.
At South Lane County Fire & Rescue we value feedback about the experiences you have with the services we provide. We've added a new feature to our website located under the "Contact Us" dropdown menu labeled "Feedback".
Each submission of this form is reviewed and your feedback is valued. Please take the opportunity to let us know how we did!
South Lane Fire & Rescue, Central Lane County Dispatch and surrounding Fire Districts have received many calls today; Aug 10th 2015, regarding heavy smoke throughout the south end of the WIllamette Valley .
Smoke has entered our area from wildland fires in Douglas County. Current weather conditions are containing the smoke to our area.